December 29, 2008

Bedtime Music: Alison Krauss and Robert Plant - Killing the Blues

New theme this week; I had done male vocalists two weeks ago and female vocalists last week, so this week: duets. ;)

In looking for a video to use, I stumbled upon a duet by Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. Plant is someone whom I'm familiar with; if you've followed my Bedtime Music series, you know that I've focused mostly on rock music while only occasionally going into other genres such as classical and jazz. So, Robert Plant, former lead singer for the classic rock band Led Zeppelin, is someone who I enjoy listening to. But Alison Krauss? Krauss is a 37-year-old award-winning bluegrass-country singer (21 Grammy Awards to date) who's been recording music since the age of fourteen. In 2007 she collaborated with Plant on an album entitled Raising Sand. This video is of their second track, Killing the Blues. The album overall has been nominated for five Grammy Awards (including Album of the Year), and Killing the Blues was nominated for Best Country Collaboration with Vocals.

No comments: