October 4, 2009

The Only Video of Anne Frank

The Anne Frank House, the museum which was the hiding place for Anne Frank, her family, the Van Pels family and Fritz Pfeffer during World War 2, has uploaded the only known film footage of Anne onto Youtube. The film was taken on July 22, 1941, and shows a newly-wed couple walking out of the building (No. 37 Merwedeplein, Amsterdam) adjacent to the home Anne was living in at the time (No. 39 Merwedeplein). (This was about one year prior to the Frank family going into hiding.) Anne, who was 13-years-old at the time, appears at the nine-second mark of the video, and can be seen leaning out of the window to take a look at the couple.

The Anne Frank Channel on Youtube can be subscribed to here.



HT: Mashable

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter is 8 years old. She heard of Anne Frank today from another child in class who did a report on her. It is amazing how intense the feelings of connection can still be to Anne Frank even in today's times. We are a black family, and so the travesties of slavery, racial injustice, and tragedy that Anne Frank endured are definatly a very touching and sensistive subject for us. I am proud to see that my daughter can relate to the travesty as well as being inspired by Annes' courage & hope that she would be free some day. Madison Shepherd's Mom

Anonymous said...

I watched a show that touched on Anne Frank's life today, and couldnt stop the tears from streaming down my face. The suffering that people put upon people and this little girl, breaks my heart. We must keep Anne's story alive in each generation.

lily3pt. said...

Hi my name is Lily Gonzalez,I am 9 years old. My Aunt Sandy is currently reading: Sarah's Key. I have showed interest in the book, however my Aunt feels the book is too emotionally intense. She told me I should start out with reading the history of Anne Frank and The book The Diary of Anne Frank.I have been learning about the history of Anne Frank and how her diary was published through the efforts of her father.My mother is going to purchase the book for me. Anne Frank will always be one of my heroes/role models.

Anonymous said...

hi i feel the same see i can relet 2 her in so many diffrent ways shes a role modle 2 me my life is very hard and i have so many painfull memeroies and when i learned more about her she inspired me (and im black) like how she doent get along with her mom i dont get along with my dad and how she hanbled it shows me that i should handle it more like how she did then i did

Anonymous said...

I believe Anne would love the fact that she was able to inspire so many people by just being herself. She really achieved more than she could have ever dreamed. The whole world has changed in part because of her writing. We may never know the number of lives she touched because she is still touching new ones every day. She was a true gift to humanity.