February 7, 2006

Join the Army: Become an Imperial Stormtrooper!

Stormtrooper-esque facial armor

The above picture is from Boing Boing. Don't tell me the first thing going through your mind when you saw this photo wasn't the Imperial March (also known as "Darth Vader's Theme"). ;) Actually, I rather like the below picture:

Che Trooper

Update: This post has been rather popular over time, especially for those of you wanting to become stormtroopers. To that group, I would suggest you visit another post of mine, Wired: The Making of Star Wars. That post describes how the stormtrooper uniform was made and worn, and how uncomfortable it was to wear (at least for Mark Hamill in the original movie).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah hi i'm charlie and i'm 15 from england and how can i become a stormtrooper it would be so cool
to serve the galactic empire
and fight alongside darth vader!
please tell me how to become a stormtrooper!!!

EG 179 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

hmmm if that got deleted i wonder what i should say.. hmm may i please become a stormtrooper?

JDsg said...

Although it's been almost four years since I deleted the second comment, I believe I deleted it only because it had personal information from the writer that I felt would be better left private than made public on a blog. As I mentioned in the update, this particular post has been popular over the past four years.