July 24, 2008

More Pics of A'ishah

I'm happy to say that everything's going well so far with A'ishah. We had to run to the polyclinic and the hospital over the past few days, to have blood taken to see how the jaundice is and for a second metabolic test that the hospital wanted to run. We go back to the polyclinic tomorrow and we're expecting a phone call from the hospital anytime between today and next Tuesday. Hopefully everything is fine, insha'allah.

Thank you to everyone who's come by, sent us e-mails and wrote comments on the blog. It's been great to get the support and well wishes from all of you. I wish I had more time to talk to everyone, but both of us have been extremely busy since the birth. I'm spending most of my evenings over at my in-laws' flat to be with Milady and A'ishah, and I haven't had any time for blogging or even keeping up with my RSS feeds. (And that's in addition to being back at work. :P )

We've got two photos we wanted to share with you all (there are others that we've taken, but these are the best of the bunch). If memory serves, this first picture was taken late in the evening on the birth day (last Friday), before the jaundice set in.


And this photo was taken on Monday, just before Milady and Mibaby were able to go home. As you can see, her face is really yellow from the jaundice. It's not nearly as yellow now, but she's not quite as fair skinned as she was on her birth day. Her skin is a little darker now, more reddish than previously. To be honest, I think she got her skin tone from me. :) We loved how she touched her face with her forefinger like that, as if she was deep in thought.


One of the things that amused me yesterday when we were at the hospital was how A'ishah is such a "chick magnet." We get into the elevator with me holding A'ishah in her car seat, and we're standing at the very back of the car, yet every woman turns around to look at her. There were several other incidents like that as we walked through the halls of the hospital as well. It reminded me of a scene in the 1987 movie, 3 Men and a Baby, where Selleck, Danson and Guttenberg are in the park with "Mary," the baby, and about two dozen women become infatuated with her. This Youtube clip is a fan video from the film, but the scene I mentioned is in it, at the 1:55 to 2:09 mark.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Assalaamu alaikum,

Congratulations to you and your wife (and all the family)! She's absolutely beautiful, masha'allah.

Anonymous said...

Salam JD!

Ooh, congrats on the birth of your daughter!!!! :)

rozas

Sabina said...

She is beautiful .The way she put her finger in her face ...like she is thinking something !