July 9, 2008

Bedtime Music: Meatloaf - Paradise by the Dashboard Light

I'm still not feeling the best, so I'm going to try to write this quickly.

This is one of my favorite songs of all time. I've sung it publicly a couple times (karaoke), which has been a lot of fun. In case you're wondering, the woman who sings the woman's part of the song is Ellen Foley; however, the woman actually appearing in the video is Karla DeVito, who's a successful singer in her own right. The baseball announcer who does the interlude between the first and second sections of the song is Phil Rizzuto, who played for the New York Yankees in the '40s and '50s, and was one of the club's TV/radio announcers from the '50s through the '90s. (I listened to him announce many games when I was a teenager in the '70s although, to be honest, I liked listening to Bill White better. ;) )


No comments: