April 27, 2008

Pulp Fiction Sunday

This was such a funny movie in so many ways. Of course, most of the humor is very dark, but I like those movies a lot. Even something as simple as Butch (Bruce Willis) choosing his weapon when he decides to confront Zed and Maynard is funny (the progression from the small sledge hammer to the baseball bat to the small chain saw until, finally, the samurai sword). These clips are part one and two of the fight between Butch and Marsellus (Ving Rhames), and their capture and escape from Zed, Maynard and "The Gimp."


What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggers, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.


Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

No comments: