February 19, 2007

Sami Yusuf - Supplication

This is wonderful. A couple months ago, Milady and I went to a concert at the Esplanade featuring three choruses from around Asia (one from Singapore, Japan, and the Philippines). One of Milady's comments was that she'd like to be able to perform with such a group, except that many choruses sing a fair amount of Christian music. When I listened to this clip by Sami Yusuf, the proverbial light bulb in my head clicked on. Insha'allah, if we can, perhaps we can form a choral group for S'porean Muslims that focuses on Islamically-oriented music. (If you didn't know, Malays can sing; the first two winners of Singapore Idol are both Malay Muslims. And, if you also didn't know, this wouldn't be the first musical group I've started. ;) ) Run time: 4:04.



Allahumma salli 'ala,
Sayyidina,
Muhammadin an-Nabiyyi al-ummiyyi,
Wa 'ala alihi wa sahbihi wa sallim.

(O Allah, send your peace and blessings upon our Master Muhammad, the Unlettered Prophet, and upon his family and companions.)

Ya Allah

O My Lord,
My sins are like
The highest mountain;
My good deeds
Are very few
They’re like a small pebble.
I turn to You
My heart full of shame,
My eyes full of tears.
Bestow Your
Forgiveness and Mercy
Upon me.
Ya Allah,
Send your peace and blessings
On the Final Prophet,
And his family,
And companions,
And those who follow him.

1 comment:

tearose said...

Salaam. I also posted the same video clip on my blog. Yes, It was such a beautiful song..