December 24, 2005

Sex on the Brain

Looking at one of my hit counters this morning, I was struck by how many people currently have sex on the brain. Aren't you guys supposed to be celebrating Christmas or something? Ho, ho, ho, and all that?

Out of the past 20 search engine referrals (such as those made by Google, Yahoo, etc.), 13 had something to do with nudity with 2 more being questionable. Of the 13, eight people wanted to see the Indian tennis star, Sania Mirza, naked (what else is new?), two wanted to see nude pictures of coeds from Arizona State University (this is regarding the upcoming Playboy pictorial that will be published next year), and then there was one each for Angela Keathley (the ex-Carolina Panther cheerleader who may or may not have been having lesbian sex in a bar's bathroom stall), a generic "young mother posing nude" (hey, perv, you wanna see the kid too?), and one for "JD erotic photos" (sorry, wrong JD, no erotic photos here). The two that are questionable included one for "sania mirza's skirt" (uh, it looks like any other woman tennis player's skirt?) and another for "texas street korea." The latter is a (in)famous street in the "Russian" neighborhood of Busan, Korea, near some of the piers, where you can find a number of Russian bars, stores, and hookers. (I visited there briefly one night to see what the place was like.)

I've got a few more comments to make regarding what my visitors want (including a survey I took on people looking for information/photos on Sania Mirza), but those will be in later posts, insha'allah.

1 comment:

JDsg said...

My blog does contain those words and phrases, but more often than not they are not in a continuous order. In other words, the context in which the words and phrases appear frequently doesn't match up with what the reader wants to see. The classic example is "naked Sania Mirza." I first originally wrote about Sania because of a fatwa controversy over her tennis clothes. One of the sentences in that post reads, "Sania Mirza is a Muslim and she stands half-naked on the tennis court while playing, which is against Islam..." Now, that sentence alone is enough for a search engine to direct a person to my blog if he types in "naked Sania Mirza," because all three words appear in my blog* (moreover, it doesn't have to be a word in any of the posts in order for the search engine to list my blog for the search; words on the sidebars - such as my menus - will also qualify). Of course, a large number of people who visit this blog are in search of pictures of Sania naked (which, to the best of my knowledge, there are none). And so these hot and horny guys are going to go away disappointed because they're not going to find what they're looking for.

This sort of thing happens *all* the time, and I'm frequently amused at why some people will visit here when all the words and phrases they're looking for are scattered all over the blog. (I sometimes click on the search engine's link to try to understand what people were thinking on the more unusual search phrases.)

You might also find a previous post of mine of interest, "What People Want." I've addressed this topic before.

*PS: Because I've used "naked Sania Mirza" in the comments to this post, the search engines will now direct people to this post as well, even though it doesn't deal with Sania at all. ;)