October 18, 2005

Technical Note and Some Comments for Guys Looking for Sania Material

I've added another section to my sidebar, of "Noteworthy and Popular" posts. I've categorized those posts into various topics, which will undoubtedly grow in number as time goes on, insha'allah. What may surprise some of you is that I've added a section for my three posts regarding Sania Mirza. Not that I consider those posts earth-shattering, but she is incredibly popular based upon my hit-counter statistics. (Right now, over half of all my search engine hits have to do with Sania.) I figured I might as well make it easier for those guys who want to read about her to find the other, related posts.

While I've brought up the topic of Sania Mirza, I'd like to make some comments to those guys who are looking for information and/or pictures of her:

  1. I have NO pictures of Sania Mirza naked or semi-naked. If that's what you're looking for, you've come to the wrong blog. (I never thought I'd say this, but you're making me feel dirty!)

  2. My interest in Sania was primarily about the controversy surrounding her choice of clothing on the tennis court. Otherwise, I know rather little about her. You might want to visit Adarsh Krishna's blog about Sania Mirza instead.

  3. Yeah, I know, Sania's cute and all of you are secretly hoping she'll meet you one day and ask you to be her husband, but...it ain't gonna happen. Time for your reality check! Try asking the girl next door out for a date instead.

4 comments:

Jibonjatri said...

Salam!
hahaha.. oh my God! Is that what people are googling and stmbling upon your blog? Shame on those guys. I am glad you have so boldly mentioned that!

JDsg said...

Boldly? Well, maybe. :) Most people who come looking for Sania material come from India...and don't leave comments. ;) Although not all. I've had people looking for info/pics on her from Sri Lanka and even the US.

Anyway, just to give you an idea of what it's like for me, here's what I've had in the way of Sania search engine queries most recently (out of the last 20):

Google: sania mirza fatwa problem
Google: Sania Shia Muslim
Google: sania mirza
Yahoo: naked sania mirza
Google: sania tennis player personal blog
Yahoo: sania mirza naked
Yahoo: naked sania mirza
MSN Search: sania mirza's parents
Google: Sania Mirza's skirt
MSN Search: naked sania mirza

So, 10 queries out of my last 20, for 50% (it's a little slow :P ; usually the percentage is higher). And I don't see this stopping anytime soon.

Jibonjatri said...

please forgive me if I laugh. But this is tooo funny. I mean, wow... so specific google search termm..
it has to be "naked" and has to be "sania". No one else.

But, on a more serious note, I guess there is a reason why Islam command women to cover. I am not saying Sania IS posing naked or whatever. But this sickos/perverts have no right to see the uncovered body parts of hers. You know, (i am not a man, so correct me if my assumptions are wrong) men proably have curious eyes and their eyes get too curious when it's about women's body. I wonder if someone would still google her in such a nasty manner had she not been wearing the traditional tennis outfit. Just me being a muslim female, I am deeply offended by the "search term". THe fact that the word "naked" preceded her name breaks my heart. SubhanAllah, why do we lower ourselves like that?

JDsg said...

PseudoArab wrote: "I wonder if someone would still google her in such a nasty manner had she not been wearing the traditional tennis outfit."

I think about half of the hits that use the word "naked" are due to the fact that the original fatwa described Ms. Sania as "half-naked." In that regard I can understand why people might use that word to help narrow the search. On the other hand, I think the other half of the hits are due to guys whose thoughts are being driven by their hormones (to put it mildly), especially those guys who do picture searchs, of which there have been a fair number.