The following comes from Facebook, which is what steps 2, 3 and 4 below refer to. Regardless, I hope you'll help support this event by wearing your kaffiyah (if you have one, insha'allah). Don't let clowns like Michelle Malkin frame the debate; wear your kaffiyah with pride!
A peaceful, visual protest against the clear racism displayed by a certain right-wing blogger, and her pals, after their ridiculous demand that Dunkin' Donuts pull an online ad featuring Rachael Ray wearing a distinctive black/white scarf, which apparently looked too much like the Palestinian kaffiyeh. According to said blogger, the kaffiyeh is the “traditional scarf of Arab men that has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad.”
Our response: what a load of xenophobic tosh!
More details about the incident here.
Instructions for the protest...
Simple: on Friday June 6th
1) Wear a kaffiyeh! Preferably whilst standing outside your local Dunkin' Donuts. ;)
2) Change your profile pic to one of the images listed at the top of this description.
3) Change your status message to: is wearing their kaffiyeh with pride! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=20090243695
4) Take a photo/video of yourself wearing your kaffiyeh (with pride) and post it on the event page.
5) If you own a blog or website, please write about the event & either link to this page or to the following: http://imuslim.wordpress.com/2008/06/01/wear-your-kaffiyeh-with-pride-day/
Invite everyone to join in: Arab, and non-Arab. The more the merrier! A variety of participants will serve to highlight that the kaffiyeh is simply a piece of cloth, and not a symbol of murder and oppression, God forbid.