July 16, 2009

Creative Excuses 101

Just remember, kids, to always take some homework with you when you're driving like a maniac (or a cowboy) through the city streets. That way, Officer Friendly might take pity on you and not give you a ticket. Of course it helps if the homework is genuine and you're driving toward your school when school is normally in session. Don't count on Officer Friendly's help when you're plastered out of your mind at 2 in the morning. Oh, and don't ask Officer Friendly to do your homework for you. ;) From Richard Green's Real Estate and Urban Economics Blog:

I just wanted you to know that this assignment got me out of a traffic ticket this morning.

La Cienega was shutdown due to an accident and I was trapped. So, I made a u-turn which included driving over a curbed median. A motorcycle cop pulled me over and gave me a lecture about how this isn't Texas (I have Texas plates) and "cowboy driving" is not acceptable....whatever that means. So I told him that I had to get to campus for the mid-term and I had a limited amount of time to complete the homework assignment. I pulled out assignment #3 to make my story credible and he took it with him when he went back to his motorcycle.

When he came back he told me that it seemed like the assignment was going to be enough punishment and he let me go.

No comments: