June 14, 2005

One of my pet peeves

A co-worker of mine has just tried to stir her drink with a spoon. Except that she didn't stir the drink, causing the liquid to swirl within the cup with the spoon rarely touching the sides. No, she had to FREAKIN' BEAT the cup likes it's a bell! And did she stop after a few seconds? No, she kept going on and on...

Some people near and dear to me are guilty of this sin as well, although I shan't mention their names. All I can say is:

Typical freakin' Singaporeans! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that you have a somewhat low tolerance level, Mr JD :P.

Yes, some of us Singaporeans like to "FREAKIN' BEAT the cup likes it's a bell" ... but then there are others (non-Singaporeans mind you! ;P) who are not convinced that they have sipped the last drop of drink from the can or their cup - they'd suck the living daylights of the can / cup making peevish noises! Now mind you, I know that a good muslim finishes everything on his plate / cup without wasting any, but he doesn't need to make such noises now, does he??

So to you I say, "Chill out!" ;)

JDsg said...

Sluuuurrrrppppp! Mmmm. Good to the last drop! :)

Anonymous said...

Fffreakin' ffforeigner! ;P