August 13, 2008

Handphone A'ishah

A'ishah's definitely in her colic season, and Daddy spent a fair amount of yesterday afternoon walking back and forth in the corridor outside the flat, humming old drum corps songs as he tried to get her to fall asleep. In the meantime, I thought I'd download three photos from my handphone that I took of A'ishah.


This is the first picture taken of A'ishah. As you can see, the image is rather crappy (the "joy" of a handphone camera). :P The photo was taken about ten minutes after she was born, when they had wheeled her into a small family reception room for me to see her.


And, as you might expect, this is the second photo taken of A'ishah. I've been using this photo as my handphone's "wallpaper" for the past few weeks. When A'ishah was born, certain parts of her face were rather puffy. In these two pictures, you can see that her lips were quite puffy; however, in a few days, all of the excess fluids drained away and now her lips are normal looking.

After I took this photo, I spent the next five and a half minutes videotaping her before the nurse wheeled A'ishah away.


This last photo was taken about two weeks after A'ishah was born. We had needed to go to one of the local polyclinics to have a blood test taken for A'ishah's jaundice level. She was sleeping in her carseat and I thought she looked adorable like that, so I used the only camera I had with me (the handphone) to take her picture with.

Special note to my sister EFva: Thank you so much for the package; we got it yesterday. Milady was a bit shocked that you had wrapped everything up individually, and then almost had an overdose of sweetness and cuteness. ("Oh, this is so sweet! Oh, this is so cute!" :) ) We were both very, very pleased with your gifts. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

أبو سنان said...

Masha'Allah, so cute.