December 26, 2008

Bedtime Music: Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head

Our final female vocalist this week is Australian Kylie Minogue. To be honest, I had never heard of Minogue until I came to Singapore, where she's popular (although her most recent concert here - on November 25th - generated some complaints). Can't Get You Out of My Head appeared on Kylie's 2001 album, Fever. The song is very popular, having reached the number one position for the charts of 40 countries although, as luck would have it, the song only reached #7 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. I've decided to use a concert video instead of the original music video as this version's not quite as sexy (sorry for that cheek shot; luck of the draw). BTW, according to Wikipedia, Kylie sings 176 "la's" in the song (although the accountant in me is not impressed enough to actually verify that number. ;) )

No comments: