May 18, 2008

Movie Sunday - Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I was rather busy as a teenager, but in the late fall of 1977, my dad (aka JDny) took me to the cinema to watch a movie with him, Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Of course it was spectacular, I was blown away, blah blah blah, you know, just like everyone else, except that, just like everyone else, we were all still going gaga over another movie that had been released a few months earlier, Star Wars. That was Close Encounters biggest problem, coming out in the same year (not the same month, but the same year) as Star Wars. Still, Close Encounters is a great movie and had some wonderful performances by Richard Dreyfuss, Teri Garr, and the late François Truffaut. Five years later, Steven Spielberg would take up the same basic idea and make us all go gaga over ET.



If we're all ready on the Dark Side of the Moon... play the five tones.


I guess you've noticed something a little strange with Dad. It's okay, though. I'm still Dad.

No comments: