October 5, 2005

Muslims Against Terrorism

First, let me say Ramadan Mubarak to all my Muslim brothers and sisters out there. Ramadan got off with a bang this morning, almost literally, as we had your classic tropical thunderstorm at 4:20 a.m. (I had set the alarm for Milady and I to get up at 4:30, so I didn't lose that much sleep.) So, another Ramadan begins (my 6th).

A week or so ago, I discovered the blog of Shaik Abdul Khafid, Spiritual Tendencies. Brother Abdul is also a graphic designer, and he had this very nice banner, Singapore Muslims against Terrorism, on his blog (see below). I liked the banner so much, I put it on my own blogs. When he left a comment saying that he liked that I had put his banner on my blogs, I wrote back and suggested that he create some more banners. A lot of my readers on this and my other blogs tend to be American, Canadian and British Muslims, and I think a lot of you would be receptive to the idea of putting a similar banner on your own blogs. Brother Abdul was more than receptive to the idea: he made the banners overnight, and has posted them on his blog, saying, "Go ahead and use 'em people. Show the world where we stand."

Below are the four banners that he has made so far. [Note: Obviously, I have updated the banners below to show the now six banners Brother Abdul has created.] Please feel free to copy them and insert them on your blog templates, and be sure to spread the word!!!












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He who knows not history replicates its evils in the present and spends the future addressing its consequences as if it had no cause.

izzymo said...

Salaam alaikum and Ramadan Kareem, to you and your family. May your Ramadan be filled with baraka. Thank you for the emblems. They look really cool. :-)

Anonymous said...

JazakAllah khair for your comment on Budgie's. But you are right. thsi is Ramadan and we definitely have a lot better use of time than this. He ain't worth all that much attention.
-SK

Anonymous said...

Salam Bro! Check out my new website!