September 28, 2005

Once more...

into the breach, dear friends. ;)

Dear Technical IT Support,

Eighteen months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from Drinking Mates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to try running Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.
[Except putting on the mute seems to make the software buggy. ;) ] To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications, such as LadsNightOut 31, Football 4.5, and Playboy 6.9, and successive versions of GirlFriend have proved no better. [No $#|+!] Eventually, I tried running GirlFriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that, when these two systems detected each other, they caused severe damage to my hardware.

I eventually upgraded to Fiance 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSexPlus and Cleanhouse2004.
[My version of Cleanhouse seems to be going buggy. Wife 1.0 now wants the costly add-in of Maid 1.0 to be installed. :P ] Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and couldn't be deleted. [No $#|+!!!] They would resurface months later when I had forgotten about them. [No $#|+!!!!!!] Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and Whinge. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is. [The software sometimes becomes buggy; the mute button's off, but no sound comes out!]

Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and Clothing Express which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Saab 93 Convertible hard drive, it often crashes. Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called MotherInLaw, which can't be turned off.
[I must have gotten a clean copy of that software; amazing, isn't it? ;)]

Can you please urgently advise the best course of action?

No comments: